Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I saved a wedding cake...

My neighbor got married and she needed some major help.
A friend of hers was doing her wedding cake for free so she agreed, as she came highly recommended. She was going to ask me since I had already done 2 of her sons birthday cakes , but she didn't want to bother me since we were busy packing and organizing with the move.
below are the 2 cakes also from a previous post

My neighbors wedding color was Navy blue to match Her Husband-to-Be's Class A uniform... the cake she received was horrendous and was in need of the trash can...I did what I could the night before the wedding and this was the process.
Yes, those are RED sprinkles on a wedding cake.
I scraped the excess frosting off and applied some frosting before I started taking pictures of the process....Good thing she did not pay for this mess.

I took a trip to Michaels for some help.

I bought ribbon and a few flower picks and edible flowers that I spray dyed blue and then sprinkled darker blue.

Could have left the small flowers off but hey, it was literally an experiment and at least it wasn't red sugar sprinkles.



I hated working with the cream cheese frosting, it was so soft and wouldn't smoothe out for me.

The groom helped with the placement of the flowers, it was the least I could do, since how many grooms really want to be involved with the cake decorating.

The end result...night before the wedding.






Could you imagine a cake with red sprinkles here.

No comments: